Welcome to the Interactive Highway Safety Design Model (IHSDM) software download web site.
The IHSDM - HSM Predictive Method 2013 Release Update (version 9.1.0; February 9, 2014) is now available free-of-charge. The 2013 Release includes a Beta version of crash prediction capabilities for freeway ramps/interchanges (including ramps, C-D roads and ramp terminals) based on draft HSM Part C materials developed under NCHRP Project 17-45. The 2013 Release Update contains further enhancements to the Freeway Segment and Freeway Ramps/Interchanges Crash Prediction Method, including:
- “Site-based data input and analysis” for freeway segments
- A “Project-level” Empirical-Bayes (EB) process for freeway segments, ramps and C-D roads
- Enhanced Evaluation Reports that now include crash severity distribution tables (breakdown by K, A, B, C, O) for Freeway Segments and Freeway Interchange Components
See Release Notes for the IHSDM 2013 Release Update for more details on enhancements. Please note: The IHSDM 2013 Release Update can be installed over 2011 and later versions of IHSDM.
Through this site you can complete the required registration process and, upon approval, download IHSDM. (Existing registered users, follow the “Download Login” link to access this update. New users, click on the “Download Registration” link.)
The IHSDM - HSM Predictive Method 2013 Release includes six evaluation modules: Crash Prediction, Policy Review, Design Consistency, Traffic Analysis, Driver/Vehicle and Intersection Review. To the extent possible, the Crash Prediction Module (CPM) faithfully implements Part C (Predictive Method) of AASHTO's 1st Edition Highway Safety Manual (June 2010) for evaluating rural 2-lane highways, rural multilane highways,and urban/suburban arterials, as well as draft HSM Part C materials on freeway segments and freeway ramps/interchanges. For more information on IHSDM, visit FHWA's general IHSDM website.
On October 24, 2013, FHWA hosted a web conference on the IHSDM - HSM Predictive Method 2013 Release. To view a recording, go to: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/p92i78xta8e/. Additional information about the webinar (including presentation slides) can be found on the IHSDM 2013 Web Conference page.
The web site is organized into the following pages:
- Current Events - Notices of new software releases, training, and major updates to this web site.
- Web Conferences - IHSDM-related web conferences
- User Applications - Summaries of selected IHSDM user applications
- Obtaining IHSDM - Overview of obtaining and installing IHSDM.
- Download Registration - The steps and online form needed to register to download the software.
- Download Login - Download login page.
- Highway Data - Samples and sources of data required by IHSDM.
- Software Testing Feedback - The types of input the FHWA is seeking from users.
- Technical Support - Support options and mechanisms available for IHSDM.
- Frequently Asked Questions - a list of frequently asked questions related to the IHSDM software.
- Credits - The sponsors and developers of the IHSDM software.
- External Links - Links to other web sites of interest to IHSDM users.
You can learn more about the functionality of IHSDM and the IHSDM research and development program at the main IHSDM technology web site.